The ‘Office Writing‘ course provides instruction on
- using grammar, punctuation and stylistic conventions
- writing clearly and simply
- avoiding ambiguity
- writing for readers with varying abilities
- constructing effective minutes and letters
- developing simple reports and submissions
The concepts dealt with in this course are revised and extended in the ‘Managing Writing‘ course.
The ‘Office Writing‘ course is particularly suitable for people with secondary and tertiary education qualifications who are employed in public sector organisations. Their writing responsibilities may include creating minutes and memos, letters, brief reports and submissions.
Not sure whether to attend ‘Office Writing’ or ‘Managing Writing’?
Try our self-testing exercise to help you make the right choice.
Request more course details.
The aim of this course is to develop participants’ skills in effective writing in the workplace.
- to improve their knowledge of grammar and punctuation
- to write simply and concisely
- to create better sentences and paragraphs
- to develop an improved minute, letter, report and submission writing style
- to use words more precisely
- to write for readers with varying abilities
- to write documents that answer readers’ questions
- to promote themselves and their organisations
To help you market this course to your colleagues, download this e-brochure:
Office Writing eBrochure.
Ask about our
in-house course options.
Free eBooklets on Writing
Writing with Word
The Communication Alignment Project